Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Anxiety
Anyone ever get anxiety attacks at work? Anyone ever get their blood boiling after talking to a co-worker or boss? Anyone work where I work? I wasn't here this morning, but apparently, one of my Supervisors asked pharmacist H. to do some extra work at the last minute, though he knew about this well in advance. This is in part to help another co-worker (pharmacist A.) who can't stand for more than 20 mins. because she's pregnant and gets dizzy. Yes, it's fine to help a co-worker, I'm all for that. But it's not alright to ask H. at the last minute to do the weekly dreaded Narcotic Audit (a 2 hour feat!!!) for A. Then, H. will come back to the pharmacy and do all the work that wasn't completed by A. for the last 2 hours while she was gone. Apparently, H. got really upset and anxious, went into an anxiety attack. Couldn't even walk, had to be wheeled to the emergency room. Now H. got 1 1/2 weeks off stress-induced anxiety!!! Working in my pharmacy does that to people. I know exactly how H. feels like. I always feel bad for Ed when I come home from the pharmacy and he has to suffer the brunt of my stress from work. It's funny that the stress is always from people (supervisors and nurses) and not so much about pharmacy/drug stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment