Sunday, June 01, 2008
Mall
We had lunch with Ed's parents this past weekend in Rowland Heights. Afterwards, since it was hot outside, we decided to go to the Puente Hills Mall to window shop and stay out of the heat. This mall is not that great, though it has improved it alot. There are newer stores and there are now many couches, sofas and sofa chairs for patrons to lounge around on and relax. Well lounge around they do. We saw many "Mos" and "Baks," in cantonese this means, grandmas and grandpas at the mall, lounging on the sofas. They were probably waiting for their kids or grandkids shop. They're so Chinesey! They'd "save" a seat for people by drapping their jackets on chairs (plural). Goodness, is it that bad to sit next to someone you don't know? The worst was this. There was a Mo and Bak sitting on sofa chairs. The Mo (wearing a big sun hat) took off her sandals, and extended her legs onto another chair. So her bare feet were on another chair. I guess she wanted to "save" it. But I kind of got grossed out because her feet weren't that great-looking (scaley) and not something I wanted to look at, even from afar. I think the mall stays in business because of the movie theater. We probably won't be going there that much in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment