Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've had some bad luck lately at work. I know some of you don't believe in bad luck, but I've had a bad track record. I usually work in the dispensing area of the pharmacy, so I only do ~25% clinical shifts. Anyway, I think with almost every clinical shift I've worked this past month, I usually get a code blue. The worst part is that they don't make it. I think every code blue I've gone to, the pt didn't make it. Even though it has happened alot to me , a part of me is kind of sad every time, whether it's a 17 yr old, or a 90 yr old man. I always think, it's someone's son or brother, or it's someone's grandpa or grandma. It's especially hard when you see the family members there, crying in the background. I had the worst bad luck today, two codes, and both times they didn't make it. After each time, I have to just kind of pause and regroup my thoughts, even though I don't even know these people. I think maybe with age or having a kid does something to your emotions. Enough of the sappy stuff from me...

No comments: