Monday, January 28, 2008

First week back

I finished my first week back at work. Boy am I rusty! Forgot some of the short codes in entering orders, forgot which drugs we have in stock, people's names. I even lost access to the computer system, which was a fiasco. My supervisor was supposed to have taken care of it, which he thought he did. But come Saturday morning...no computer access. Not too good if you're working in the ICU, is it? He actually wanted me to enter orders under someone else's code with the other pharmacist "overseeing" me. I didn't feel comfortable with that. At Kaiser, they're really big on compliance and doing things the right way. Of course, what other pharmacist wants me to enter under their codes? None....So I asked him if I could have his codes to enter under him. He didn't want to give me them, since they're private (he said no). So to make a long story short, he drove in to work so he could log me into the system under his codes. Then I started entering orders his name.

Luckily I eventually obtained "full" computer access and he went home. But it took 3 computer technicians to get me computer access. It had to be elevated to the highest level of priority, the pharmacy director was alerted, a head hospital administrator was informed as to the problem of why it would take so long to get my full computer access. Yes, my supervisor wasn't too happy either. But what was I supposed to do, go home?

Also, Justin caught his first cold from the babysitter's house. Alot of congestion and coughing now. Poor little guy. He wakes up every 2-3 hours at night now. Hope he gets better soon because we're getting sick now. Ed is great at getting up in the middle of night. Helps me out so I get some sleep.

1 comment:

robyn said...

What a rough first week! Hope you guys all feel better soon.