Friday, April 04, 2008

Lesson learned

I'm still expressing my milk right now, don't know how long it will last, but for now I am. It's not always easy trying to find a place to express in. You would think that a big Kaiser hospital would have a lactation room, but they don't. I even e-mailed one of the head hospital administrators about getting one (yes, I'm a rebel-rouser). My disclaimer, I have 3 colleagues in my dept still expressing right now. But I've been lucky these past 3 weeks. The pharmacy has consolidated and everyone is working out of the main pharmacy, so no one is in the pharmacy satellites. So I'm able to express in the satellites. Initially, I used to put a "do not enter" sign always. Then I got lazy, because no one every enters the satellites. Well, guess what? The time I didn't put my makeshift sign, someone came. Worst of all, it was a male supervisor! Eekk! Thank God I was covered with a nursing shawl. He didn't realize what I was doing until he asked me how I was doing. I said fine, but I'm pumping right now. He got embarrassed and covered his eyes with his hands. Again, luckily I was covered with my shawl. He left and apologized, and so did I for not posting something up. Well, lesson learned, I'll post my sign every time.

No comments: