I went to buy Poly-Vi-Sol with Iron today. I guess you need to supplement with iron if baby is exclusively on breastmilk. I really don't know how long I will continue nursing. Sometimes I think my supply (liquid gold) decreases. It's like gold because it limited and rare, once it's gone, it's gone. I'm not the only one who calls it this. My sisters and co-worker, S., also does too.
A funny story that happened, one time a male co-worker, M., asked, "What if S. and I get our milk carrier bags confused and our respective babies drink the other mother's milk?" I said, nothing, it's no problem. But I later jokingly said, "S.'s baby turns into my baby and my baby turns into S.'s baby."
And this limited liquid gold is limited. I've actually been drinking Chinese soup since I started expressing. Theoretically, the soup is supposed to help in milk production. What's in this magic soup? Pigs feet (funny how it keeps coming up), green papaya, soybeans, raw peanuts and octopus. Does it really help? Who knows...but it doesn't hurt. I was lazy these past two weeks, and didn't make any, and I did see a slight decrease in production. So today, I made another batch. Anyone want me to make it for you? It's really not that hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment