My pharmacy staff got in trouble for not picking up the pharmacy phone in 3 rings.
A supervisor, D., got a upset because we were all working in the main pharmacy, busy running around like chickens with their heads chopped off, and not answering the telephone within 3 rings. Note: she was in the narcotic vault, directly beside the main pharmacy. And note: she could have picked up the phone too, but didn't. I was on the phone initially during the infamous 3 rings so didn't pick up either. I didn't have the guts to say, "why didn't you pick it up?" She went around the main area saying, "it's hospital policy to pick up in three rings." She also went up to me and C. specifically and said this too. My blood was boiling as it usually does when I see or speak to her. (Side note: when I see her walk in the door in the morning, I hide behind a column, anything possible not to say good morning to her). I said, "That phone tree would have been good." Her response, "Well we don't have it yet." Mind you, I've been asking for a phone tree for over a year, I think since my yearly evaluation 2 years ago. I ask about it repeatedlly in the staff meetings (yes, I'm a trouble maker). I asked about it at the last pharmacists staff meeting I attended before my maternity leave 4 months ago. She said she was working on it, the script had been submitted. Come Feb, still no phone tree. I'm so bad too, I knew after her berate at us, she was still listening to the phone calls. So I purposely waited until the end of the third ring to pick it up. And if it did ring, I didn't really care anymore, I'm busy! Is she saying that the MD I'm talking to should go on hold? I really have to look this up and hospital policy & procedures for this one. The new pharmacist, A., who transferred from KP-San Jose was shocked too. She said her sup would never say something like that. I asked A. if she really knew what she was getting herself into by working here. Okay, enough of this ranting and raving now. Got to change the baby.
1 comment:
You are such a rebel.. :P
Post a Comment