Sunday, February 24, 2008

Busy Weekend




We had a busy weekend. Happy to sleep in 'til 7am, instead of the usual 5am. Justin & I went to Grace's baby shower on Saturday at her sister's house in Signal Hill. Her condo is really nice. From the street, you can see the ocean and all of Long Beach. Her place is so clean too. I asked Ed why we couldn't keep our house as clean. I think I'm partly to blame. I don't clean quite enough nor do I put things back in their original place. I get sidetracked as I attempt to clean and never finish. In fact, we feel quite embarrassed alot if we have company over and they see all our clutter, especially when they live uncluttered lives.

We also celebrated my father-in-law's 70th birthday. He had one specific request, Chinese chestnut cake. There's a chestnut filling in the middle of the cake. It's not a popular item anymore and it's something that needs to be special ordered. Ed called 5 Chinese bakeries for it. We were lucky to find one that would make it on such short notice. Here's a pic of it, forgot to take one of filling.

No comments: