Thursday, February 28, 2008

No socks!

Today I had the day off so I went with Justin to visit my parents. Since it's been warm, my dad told me Justin didn't have to wear socks. So he took them off and saw his feet. Apparently, because I always have Justin wear socks, his feet appear to be growing slightly crooked. His feet are also a little bit too small now, not proportional to his long legs they said. So I'm not to have him wear socks inside, only when I take him outside. My parents think that no socks will aid in straight feet. In fact, my dad showed me his foot and how straight his were, unlike a nearby neighbor who had to have a minor foot surgery recently. Of course I should listen, ever since I stopped swaddling Justin's feet at night, this has helped in the growth of his longer legs (my parents thoughts, not mine). Oh yes, the socks were too tight too, they left an indentation from the elastic around his ankle. Now I'm cutting off his blood circulation. I can truly honestly say that I'm learning to be a parent every day.

No comments: